JBL is a trusted audio brand that ensures the delivery of crisp sound to bless your ears. The company makes no compromise whatsoever when it comes to producing one of the best audio equipment and thus, is in the ruling blocks.
The JBL buds have a nice user interface thanks to the universality they carry in every product. If you have purchased new JBL earbuds and are wondering how to pair them up this article will help you out. In this particular article, we shall be discussing JBL earbuds pairing in detail.
Pairing JBL Earbuds: Steps Common To All Earbuds
The following steps are basic guidelines that work for all types of JBL earbuds:
- Turn on the earbuds (if you don’t see the blue light blinking automatically). Most earbuds turn on automatically, indicated by a blinking blue light.
- Find the dedicated Bluetooth button or press and hold the center button for 5 seconds to activate the Bluetooth mode. By holding the center button you actually turn off the device. Turn it back on to automatically enter the Bluetooth mode.
- The blinking blue light indicates that the earbuds are ready to pair.
- Turn the Bluetooth toggle ON, on your media device (smartphone, laptop, mac, etc.) and make sure it is visible.
- Search the JBL earbuds in the available Bluetooth devices of your device and hit pair.
- Once the process is completed, the Bluetooth earbuds are stored in your device and will pair automatically whenever in the vicinity.
How To Pair JBL Earbuds With Different Devices?
There is a myriad of devices that can play music and to which your JBL earbuds can be paired. We shall be discussing all the products one by one.
How To Pair JBL Earbuds Together?
The devices automatically pair to one another once turned on. All you have to do is turn them on by long-pressing (for seconds) the center button on both the earbuds (right and left).
If having trouble synchronizing or pairing them together turn the earbuds off by pressing the center button and then turn both of them off at the same time.
How To Put My JBL Earbuds In Pairing Mode?
By default, turning on the earbuds puts them in pairing mode. However, if you are unable to pair the buds, you can:
Hold the middle button (on the right earbud) for 5 seconds until it turns off. Turn it on again and now it should be in pairing mode!
How To Pair JBL Earbuds To Your Phone?
Pairing To IOS
- Take out the right earbud (or left) from the case and turn it on by long-pressing (for 5 seconds) the center button. If you can find a dedicated Bluetooth button on the earbuds, press it to activate the pairing mode.
- Most JBL earbuds will have a blue blinking light indicating pairing mode.
- Go to Settings>Bluetooth and enable it.
- Under the Bluetooth devices, menu search for JBL earbuds.
- Click on the JBL earbuds and the IOS device shall pair to your earbuds.
Pairing To Android
- Follow step 1 as mentioned above.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Android device by going to Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Enable Bluetooth
- Search for JBL earbuds in the Available devices section and click on them.
- You might be asked for a pairing code (if using an old device), enter 0000 as the pairing code.
- Modern smartphones give you a pairing code, all you have to do is click “yes” on the screen and it automatically pairs with the wireless earphones.
The other earbud automatically gets connected as soon as it gets removed from the case.
How To Pair JBL Earbuds To Your Computer?
You can easily connect your quality earbuds to any computer device by following these steps:
How To Pair JBL Earbuds To Your Laptop
- After turning on the earbuds by pressing the center button ensure that the buds are blinking blue light.
- On your desktop computer/laptop click on the Start button and then select Settings. (Start>settings). From there select Devices>Bluetooth and Other Devices.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and click the “+” sign visible at the top of the tab.
- Your JBL earbuds will be visible after you select them.
- A “Connected” message confirms the connection.
How To Pair JBL Earbuds To Macbook?
- Find the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and click on it.
- Once inside go to System Preferences>Bluetooth.
- In the pop-up window for the Bluetooth, menu enable the Bluetooth mode.
- You will also have to tick on the option “Show Bluetooth in the menu bar”.
- Now turn on your JBL wireless earbuds by pressing the center button (for 5 seconds).
- Tap the “Connect” button and the earbuds shall pair with your Macbook.
How To Pair JBL Earbubuds To Ipad?
To connect earbuds to your Ipad you can follow the steps mentioned in the IOS section.
How To Pair JBL Earbubuds To Smart TV?
A lot of smart TVs now offer Bluetooth connectivity to users. This enables us to connect our JBL wireless headphones to television sets. Just follow these simple steps to be the only listener to the TV program:
- Turn on the earbuds by pressing the center button till it starts blinking blue light.
- Go to the Menu on the TV and choose Settings.
- In Settings go to “Bluetooth” and search for current Bluetooth devices.
- Find the JBL earphones/headphones on the device list and hit connect.
- Your earbuds will get connected to the Smart TV.
Why Won’t My JBL Headphones Connect To Bluetooth?
A major reason for your JBL headphones not connecting to Bluetooth is the failure of the earbuds to enter the pairing mode. To ensure pairing mode, check are the earbuds turned on or not.
How Do You Use JBL Wireless Earbuds?
JBL wireless earbuds come in carrying and charging cases. To use the earbuds, completely charge the case with the mentioned/provided charger. Remove one (right) earbud and turn it on. Pair with your device (mac, android, TV, etc.), and after a successful connection take out the other earbud from the case too. Once you are done, place the buds in the case.
Why Are My JBL Earbuds Flashing White And Blue?
If the earbuds are flashing white and blue light then it means that the earbuds are in pairing mode (blue) but the battery level is half of its capacity (white).
What Does Blue Light On JBL Earbuds Mean?
A blue blinking light on the JBL earbuds indicates that the earbuds are On and in pairing mode.
How Do I Reset My JBL Earbuds?
- Turn off the JBL earbud by pressing the power button (on the right bud) for 5 seconds (wait for the voice command to confirm turning it off).
- Press and hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time for 20 seconds and then release.
If your earbuds do not have volume control buttons, you can follow this:
- Put the earbuds in the charging case and long-press the center button on the right earbud.
- Press until you see the LED blinking (blue).
- Once it starts to blink, your earbuds are successfully reset and it is again in the pairing mode.
- White light blinking on JBL earbuds indicates a low battery.
Why Is Only One Side Of My JBL Headphones Working?
There can be many reasons for your one JBL headphone to be not working:
- Pairing issues (check pairing mode fix).
- You may have selected the Mono sound option from your device (change that to stereo).
- Issues with Bluetooth transceivers can also cause this problem. Try resetting the earbuds to fix it.