If you have a Mac, you would certainly want to connect your AirPods to your Mac for either meeting or listening to audio, and videos. Sometimes you want to connect two AirPods to your Mac for you and for your friend or family. You must, therefore, be wondering how to connect two AirPods to Mac. You can very well connect two pairs of AirPods to a Mac.
How to Listen on Your Mac Using Two Pairs of AirPods
First of all, the answer is Yes. You can listen to two pairs of AirPods on your Mac. There are some steps that you will have to follow to connect two pairs to your Mac.
The process of pairing two AirPods is slightly different than the process of connecting two AirPods to an iPhone or iPad.
Here are the steps;
- Start from finder
- Select Application from the sidebar.
- Go to Audio MIDI Setup.
- You can also search Audio MIDI Setup; you will be directly taken there.
- At the bottom of the Window, click Add +.
- Select Create Multi-Output Device.
- Rename the Setup for changing the default Multi-Output Device to anything you deem appropriate.
- Click on the Sounds in the menu bar and select the new audio setup.
- Or also, you may select the new audio setup by going to System Preference, then on Sound, and then clicking the Output tab. There you will find your newly added device.
Use Two Pairs of AirPods for a Greater Listening Experience
Of course, it serves as a great experience if you are adding two pairs of AirPods to your Mac. If you have a friend and family member who wants to listen to the same thing that you are listening to. Giving just one AirPod will ruin the entire experience. however, having a whole pair of two people will augment the listening experience.
How do I connect AirPods to a MacBook Air running OS X El Capitan?
Apple maintains that the Mac must have macOS Sierra for the pairing AirPods. if you face trouble in pairing the AirPods, it can be fruitful to check for macOS Sierra support. You can always upgrade to macOS Sierra from El Captian.
How do I connect my AirPods to my MacBook Air and iPhone?
You can connect AirPods to your MacBook and iPhone. Just pair your AirPods to your Mac and iPhone. Once they are connected they will keep switching whenever you want. If you don’t want this to happen, just switch off the AirPods auto-switching.